Friday, September 5, 2008

Thaevek's Pillow Parlor

Anasur was commissioned to redecorate one room of Thaevek's home as a gesture of appreciation for all the hard work he put in for the Festival of Unity recently held on Antonia Bayle. And all I can say is, what a mess it was when I started! Poor Thaevek had tried to keep his expanding possessions under control but clearly failed. When I first saw this room the entire floor was covered (and I do mean completely covered) in Maj'dul pillows with all sorts of various things strewn around the edges of the walls.

Thaevek is a Kerra and adores his pillows. He kneads them, lays on them, and from the smell of them he even marks them. Thaevek is constantly on the prowl for female kitty companionship so it seemed to me that he needed a place suitable for mating. He also likes luxury. My task was to try to create a place that would fill both of these needs. But how to make a place that was luxurious with lots of pillows that didn't smell like cat pee? I started by tossing his old pillows into the street, then scrubbed the room until it was squeaky clean. Then I started sewing more pillows. I arranged them in a design that comes complete with scratching posts!







No comments: